The Multicultural Student Affairs Tutoring Program is designed to provide academic assistance for African American, Latina/o American, Asian American, Native American, Pacific Islander/Native Hawaiian, and Multiracial students at Iowa State. Funding for group tutoring is available for the fall and spring semesters. MSA will cover the costs for 1 group tutor.
MSA will subsidize funding for group tutoring for the Fall and Spring semesters.
Request for tutoring open August 14th
How do I get a tutor?
Follow these steps:
- Go to tutoring.iastate.edu and click "Sign-In to Your Tutoring Profile". You will need to log in with your Net-ID and password.
- Fill in the required personal information.
- Click "Request Tutoring" in green.
- Read through the Tutee Application Agreement.
- Choose the course you would like to receive tutoring in. Additional courses may be added on your "Home" tab after each course request is completed. Note: MSA will provide funding for only one course.
- Select "Multicultural Student Affairs" as your funding source.
- Edit your schedule. Make sure to take all outside activities (clubs, meetings, intramurals, etc.) into consideration when marking available times. That said, the more times you mark as available, the better your chances of being matched with a tutoring group quickly.
- Click Edit next to schedule and select your free times at the schedule shown. (Note: the more free time you indicate, the better chances you have of getting assigned into a group!)
- Click "Submit"
- You will receive an email from your tutor if you are assigned to a tutoring group. Check your spam filter and junk mail periodically.